Friday, April 24, 2009

The Getty!!!!






Yesterday I went to the Getty, I have not been in years. I mean I see it all the time when I am stuck in traffic for hours on the 405, and I say to myself... "I really need to go to the Getty." So today thanks to my friend Aline, and my friend Oliver for working while his wonderful mom is in town, the three of us ladies, plus the hubby went to the Getty.

We had a great time we spent the whole afternoon looking at art, sitting outside at their cafe and wandering through the gardens.
It was so lovely. It was such a nice day I really do love the gardens, you can lay down in the grass or sit in the shade, hang out by the pools.

I always find myself so inspired when I go. People are writing in notebooks, drawing, or just staring at art. I always feel like I can do anything when I am there. I want to lay in the grass and write, take a nap, read a book, have a picnic... I even want to garden. I need a yard so I can garden, I always have this itching to grow my own plants and flowers.

So, really The Getty is FREE!!! Parking is $10 but if you take a carload of people then you are paying practically nothing to see all this awesome art. The Getty has Van Goghs, Renoirs, Monets (I like Impressionist art) and thousands of other classic art. They have beaufiful sculptures, great European furniture from the 1800's, a ton of religious art, and much much more.

Just go!!!!

Its good times, it FREE!!!! I mean really what more can one do to get people to go!!!!!
And, Check out the website, they list the touring exhibits, like right now there is a great photography exhibit. The website also has things for kids to do, and they list events that are coming up.

1 comment:

  1. Ashleigh,

    I loved your blog and enjoyed the pictures from the Getty. Thank you so much for a great day with you, Eddie, and Aline!

    Ricki

    ReplyDelete