Monday, April 27, 2009

Bottle Rock



I love me some wine. I love Red, I love White, I love Pink... I love wine tastings, I love wine parties and I love Bottle Rock.

Bottle Rock is a super cute wine tasting, wine bar and restaurant. On Saturday I went down with the Hubby and dear friend Nikki and we had a tasting. This tasting was in honor of Arbor Day. Tangley Oaks and Bottle Rock teamed up with The Arbor Day Foundation and did a tasting. For every glass or bottle of Tangley Oaks wines bought a tree will be planted. Plus for every tasting purchased ($8 for four wines) you were given a small pine tree to plant. hmmmm... Not sure this is the best idea for Los Angelelians... as we tend to rent here... but maybe the hubby and I will get a pot and make it a goal that when the tree is too big for the pot we will buy our own place and have a yard. That, or we will just go plant it somewhere random like Griffith Park or something.

Every Saturday from 1pm - 4pm Bottle Rock has wine tastings, and they host them on some Mondays, I would keep an eye on their website to stay informed on other events as well.

Bottle Rock sells bottles as well, and a neat thing is you can have them open any bottle for you regardless of price as long as you buy two glasses. Those bottles that have been opened are put up on the wall and other patrons can get a glass as well. This way you can try some fantastic wines from around the globe. Bottle Rock also has an amazing beer list as well, and you can buy them to go. The hubby bought one called Hobgoblin, I mean how can you resist.

We also had lunch at Bottle Rock as well. I had the chicken salad... it was yummy. The three of us also split this brownie desert thing.... it was really really good.

Bottle Rock is in Culver City, and well worth a trip to. The service is excellent, and the servers are very knowledgeable.

I'd raise a glass at Bottle Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment