Thursday, April 9, 2009

Garden Grove Strawberry Festival


This sounds like good times. This festival reminds me of the carnivals/street fairs I grew up going to....only much bigger. Apparently 250,000 people attended this festival over its 4 days last year.
They have carnival rides, booths, Strawberry Idol (a karaoke contest), King and Queen beauty contests...and of course Strawberries.

I am excited to go to this... On Friday night the 22nd they kick of the festival with a giant Strawberry Shortcake Cutting...
This sounds like a great event for adults, and adults with kids... I don't see how anybody can go wrong by going to this.

There is something about a street faire or a carnival that just entices me. I don't know whether its the cotton candy, old fashioned portraits, or the creepy carni's that do it for me. Honestly, its probably a mix of all three.

The strawberry Festival runs From May 22nd- May 25 2009.
There is Free admission (unbeatable price)
If you like carnival rides, you can get special wristband deals on the website.
The Festival is held in Garden Grove, just South of Anaheim
A map and directions are available on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment