Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fall is almost here!!!!



So Fall is kind of upon us... its just so hot out its hard to tell.
Well...
I think that means it is time to go Apple Picking!!!!! I mean how Fallish is that!!!!!??????
I have had friends who go every year... it always sounded so East Coast to me...and I twinge of jealousy would set in that I was never invited... so I decided to do some research and find some info on Apple Picking in SoCal!!!!

and I hit the Jack Pot!!!!!

Sky Meadow Farms!!!! in some place called Leona Valley....
was not sure where that was... so I mapped it... it's near Lancaster and Palmdale..so not too far away.

Sky Meadow sounds awesome, its family owned and operated, and they have all kinds of stuff you can pick yourself:

Cherries- June
Apricots- June/July
Apples- August- November
Peaches- September- October

So... we are just in time for Apples and Peaches!!!!!

Sky Meadow is open Sat and Sun only from 9am-5pm, but ask that you call before you head up just to confirm their schedule, and make sure they are open that day.

So I cannot wait to go pick some apples!!!! I imagine they taste so much better if you pick your own!!!!


This is a perfect fall activity and would also be a great annual event.

No comments:

Post a Comment