Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cheap wine tasting

To keep with the theme of alcohol this week...
today's post is about...wine!!! I know I know... Ive done two already about wine....
but I drink wine a lot....so that is what I know.

Okay.. so I had you at Cheap wine....

Vendome.

For those of you who do not know what Vendome is.... its a wine and spirits shop.
They are a great store, and resource. I go in there all the time and I have questions and want recommendations...for gifts, for a pairing...for something cheap.... and I have never been led astray.   The employees are soooo knowledgable.  They also have a huge liquor section as well... you WILL find what you are looking for there.  The hubby and I are always into making some special drink for the holidays...and they usually involve some liquor we do not keep in the house.... and we always find it in Vendome.

Now... you are probably thinking...she said wine tasting.... where does this come in at a wine shop...

Well Vendome is a small chain, and their location in Toluca Lake... has the best wine tastings, and beer tastings.  They have an area with a bar.  Which is large for being in a store.

Okay, so here is how the tastings work... they have a long list of wines, and you can pick which wines you want to taste and you only pay for the tastings you have.  This is a great setup for those of you who like different kinds of wines.  A lot of the tastings are $1, but some of the more expensive bottles are $2 or maybe even $3 for the tasting....but these bottles are very expensive.

An added bonus to the Vendome tasting.  Cheese. They offer a selection of cheese for $2 a chunk.  Its a pretty good time for not much money.

The wine tastings at this Vendome are Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun nights.
Wed. all tastings are $1.  SCORE.

Saturday afternoons they have beer tastings.....the hubby loves this.  It is set up the same way where you can taste what you want off the list.
Or
you can pay one price for all the beers, for example when we went he tasted 15 beers...and paid $10.
Not bad.
Me, not being a beer person... I sat and drank a RootBeer.  I thought it was somewhat fitting.

Now before you get on my case about not liking beer...and I just haven't found my beer... the Hubby has me taste every beer he ever tries, and he tries a lot of beer.  He loves to find a new beer.


Another cool thing about Vendome... is you can get on their email list and they email you once a week and let you know what the theme of that weeks tastings are, plus they host special tastings, like this week a Scotch tasting.

So... go ask questions... do a quick tasting...that is what they are there for!

Oh... and I just took a peak at their calendar... September 30th.... is U pick they pour... I have had my eye on a couple of somewhat pricey bottles... maybe I will pop by and pick a bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment