Friday, September 24, 2010

Alcohol... Friday Edition

So... here we are... Friday.
I have been pondering what my last post this week should be about... I promised you all this week would be focused on Alcohol...and I will keep my word.  I just want to blog about a place I love to drink.

So... one of my drinking haunts... where do I go a lot.

Well... I have a few so I thought I would touch on a few places... but briefly.. I know you don't have all day.

Okay...

1.  The Well.
Hollywood area


Oh The Well, I have spent a lot of time and a bunch of money here.   The reason is that it is near where a lot of my friends work, and its pretty easy to get to for me as well.
Plus... they have a great Happy Hour... it goes until 9pm!!!!!
That rocks... cause how much do you love going to a happy hour...but work... you just cannot get out in time.... the solution... The Well.

My drink of choice... The Rumba Punch... tastes like juice... but boy does it have a kick!!!!

They also have what I would classify as gourmet bar food... they have pita and hummus,  Pesto Chicken Sandwiches, Goat Cheese pizza, salads...and they have fried food as well... fries, fried zucchini, sweet potato fries and other fried foods as well.

The place can get loud, but if you can get a booth you are usually pretty good.

I like to describe The Well as a fancy dive bar.

2. El Bar.
Universal City area

El Bar, has only been around the last couple of years. It took over the old Casting Office space, in an updated strip mall.

El Bar is small, dark and can get crowded on the weekends.  They make great drinks and have very comfortable seating.  If you are hungry, they have a deal that you can order food from the pizza place next door, they make really good pizza.

El Bar is good for meeting up after work to get a great martini with some friends and just unwinding.  Parking is pretty easy and its easy to get to as it is right off the 101 freeway.

Give El Bar a try one of these weeknights!!!  They also have great happy hour prices, and their happy hour also goes until 9pm!!!! YES!!!

It is also connected to the Vintage Bar Group, so the link will take you to the same place that The Well link will.

3. Pitfire Pizza.
North Hollywood/Downtown Los Angeles/ West LA/Culver City


Okay... I know what you are saying...a pizza place?
Yes.

Pitfire, has marvelous Sangria.  I am at the North Hollywood location at least twice a month.  I havent been to the West LA or Culver City locations... but the North Hollywood location has a great patio area with a huge fire in the middle you can huddle around if its chilly.

I am not kidding about the Sangria.  Their food is excellent... but their Sangria is top notch.  My friends and I have been none to sit around and drink a pitcher or two... and I cannot remember the exact price... but I believe a pitcher is under $20...so its really affordable.


Okay...so if I have not convinced you about Pitfire...go to their website...look at their food...its really tasty, and really fresh...go have a quiet night...and dont forget to grab a glass or pitcher of their Sangria.





And to wrap out todays post....


4.  The Saddle Ranch.
West Hollywood/ Universal City Walk

Okay I know... The Saddle Ranch.. has a bad reputation.  I dont go here at night... not particularly a club kinda gal...plus I am old... everyone who comes to dance is like 21...I'd be like a mom there.

Okay... so what I do come here for... the Sat/Sunday brunch.  Until 3pm... for $10 you get unlimited Mimosas and Bloody Marys.   The Bloody Marys are really good.  They also have a menu of Mimosas and Bloody Marys...so if you want to tweak the taste of it a bit... no problem!!!

The food is pretty good too...and the portions are huge!!!!
You will leave The Saddle Ranch a very happy person.  Plus... the Universal location is very quiet you will have a lot of space to yourself, the W. Hollywood location is usually pretty crowded.  I think this is because it is easier to get to... Universal you do have to deal with parking... I think if you park up near the restaurant near the City Walk.. it will cost $10 to park.  Or... if you want to save that $10 for your drinking... you can park at the bottom of the hill at the Park n Ride...and take the free tram up the hill.. you just have to give yourself time to get up...and then to get back down.
If you are really adventurous... you could walk up the hill... which I have done... its pretty tough, its very steep.

The W. Hollywood location has valet... not sure of the price... but I think I remember it being fairly reasonable.

Oh... and did I mention the bull?  Both locations have a mechanical bull.

Alright... So I think todays post covered a lot of good info...
I gave you places to go for Happy Hour, for dinner and a drink and a great weekend Brunch place!!!!

Alright...so this is not the end of me posting about Alcohol...never fear... there will be more...

Have a great weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment