Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Improv in Los Angeles

Hey all...

So todays post is about Improv.

You should go see some.
It is hilarious.

So let me tell you why I am all about Improv.
I was a theater major, in College and I stopped acting a few years after I graduated.
So recently I have been feeling very uncreative.  So I started to go see some improv, and I started to take classes.  Improv is scary...but its a rush.

Anyways, in this time of... unstableness in the world, where people are being a little bit tight with their money it is important to go out and spend money on the arts.  But... I know what you are saying... you get burned a lot when you go see shows.

There IS a lot of bad theater in Los Angeles. I won't lie to you.  But this is why you should consider the art of improv.  It is funny.  There are soo many schools around Los Angeles, and the prices are really low to see a show.  You could say to yourself... I feel like seeing some improv and you could find 2-5 shows to choose from that day, thats how much improv is around...and these are just the schools I am talking about.

Here are the links to some of the top improv in the city.  Check them out....go to a show... have a laugh.
Plus we need to support the arts!!!!

Upright Citizens Brigade
Comedy Sportz
IO West
The Groundlings
ACME Comedy Theatre

No comments:

Post a Comment