Monday, May 18, 2009

Pace- Canyon dining at its best.






Have you ever been to Pace?
(pronounced Pa Che, as in Che Guevara the revolutionist.)

If not you are missing out. The whole idea of the restaurant is to be as organic and natural as possible while keeping that fine dining italian food experience. Its very good, and good to the environment. Many of the ingredients are bought from local farmers markets, which are shopped twice a week to make sure everything is as fresh as possible. The meat used has no hormones in it. The water is served to you in reusable glass bottles.

The hubby and I have been wanting to go here for a couple of years, and just haven't. We have no real reason, its a little expensive with entrees averaging $22-$25, but not outrageous. I ordered an amazing chicken dish, and the hubby got the Swordfish... both plates were clean when we were done. We were both happy with our dishes. We also ordered the warm chocolate cake... one of the best decisions we have made in a long time. If you go here YOU HAVE TO ORDER THIS DESSERT!!!!!

Pace, is charming. Its tucked away in a hill, under a tiny little Hollywood Hills market (that has a wonderful deli counter, that makes great sandwiches by the way) off of Laurel Canyon. We sat out in the patio with candles and open windows. It was lovely. The place is a bit rustic, there are peace signs etched in windows, and on candle votives, each table has a natural colored paper on it, and crayons!!!! How fun is that... I dont think I have ever seen crayons on the table of a non chain restaurant... don't get me wrong I love me some Red Robin... but I typically stay away from chains when going out.

Pace is awesome, I can't say enough nice things about it. So, if you want to go out for a nice meal, head up to the hills.

I did almost forget to mention that we went to celebrate our one year of wedding bliss.

1 comment: