Friday, June 19, 2009

The Hubbys reunion

Okay...
So as I wrote... last weekend was the hubby's 10 year reunion.
So.. we flew from Los Angeles, CA... home to tofu, Hollywood walk of fame, convertible hybrids, beach bikes, amazing sushi joints, and of course Denis Haskins from Saved by the Bell... to Mississippi... home to hurricanes, pigs feet, and FE MA trailers...

(okay I know I sound mean to Mississippi, its actually gorgeous there... tons of trees... old homes... some really cool old bars and restaurants...I just cant live there cause well... I just cant... I am way to open minded for the South... oh and I need to be able to find chicken in restaurants that isn't breaded).

Okay... so LA to Mississippi for the weekend... sounds like a lot of flying and not much hanging out in MS.... we know but the hubby cannot take off of work his movie starts shooting next week...
So we do it... horrible flights... I really thought we were going to die on the second flight... it was scary... the plane took a serious nose dive... and the flight attendant was on the floor in a ball.

Okay.. we get there super late... but we make it to the reunion.
I had a lot of fun, but there were a few things I would change about the reunion...
First off... CASH BAR??????? I thought we paid a lot of money to go to the reunion... the least you could do is have a open wine and beer bar... but whatever, we paid for our drinks, not the end of the world.

Secondly... maybe you shouldn't serve dinner? I think the better option... appetizers. They taste better and you can have a wider variety, or at least better quality food.

My third and final change... a microphone that is louder then the guests. It was funny... a few girls would yell at us and you could hear that more then the microphone.

Other then those three things... the reunion was pretty nice.
I got to know the hubby's friends from high school and I tried to get the embarrassing stories... but everyone said they didn't have any. Plus they all knew he would do something in film... but they were mostly shocked that someone had moved as far as California. That kinda shocked me... cause I know a ton of people from my hs days have moved all over the planet.

Alright... so thats about it for this post...
Talk you later!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment